In 1997, a search engine named Google was discovered by 2 Stanford students Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Currently, Google is considered the best search engine in the world. You can guess its popularity by the fact that currently, Google is a trillion-dollar company. Google.com is the most visited website in the world. Along with the search engine, many of Google’s applications are also very popular. YouTube, Blogger, Google Translator, Google Map etc. are also quite famous. Overall the Google company is currently the largest brand.
So now let’s talk about some important facts about Google.
Initially, Google’s name was Backrub
When the company was launched, Google was named Backrub. The name was later changed to Google. The word Google is derived from googol which means of 1 * 10100. Which is a very large number, so the Google name is kept exactly right because Google also collects a lot of information.
the largest index of websites
Google has 35 trillion web pages indexed on the Internet. Google indexes four per cent of all information available on the Internet. If you run a website for a long time, then your website will also get index on Google.
In 1997 Google wanted to sell search engines
There was a time in 1997 when Google wanted to sell its search engine to Yahoo for 2 million dollars. But Yahoo turned down the offer at that time. 5 years later, in 2002, Yahoo wanted to buy Google and proposed about $ 3 billion. But at this time Google refused to accept this proposal. In the present time, Google is far ahead of Yahoo.
First saw google doodle in 1998
The Google Doodle first appeared on the Google homepage in 1998. Google shows some special graphics or photos on its homepage on special occasion called Google Doodles. For example, on October 2, Gandhi Jayanti, you may see a photo of Gandhiji on the Google homepage. A large team of Google works to manage Google Doodle and they keep making different kinds of graphics and photos.
Bought the android company in 2005
In 2005, Google bought the mobile operating system Android. After this, the popularity of the Android operating system is so large that today Android operating system is used in almost 90 per cent of mobiles.
Bought youtube in 2006
YouTube was bought by Google in 2006 for about US $ 1.65 billion. YouTube is currently the third-largest website after Google and Facebook. YouTube is the most famous video streaming website. About 5 billion videos are viewed daily on YouTube.
100 million gigabyte server
The Google search engine’s server is about 100 million gigabytes. Its data is so much that if we want to store it, we will need about one lakh hard disk of one terabyte.
Google earns about 150 million dollars per day. You can guess Google’s earnings by the fact that Google is the third-largest company in the world.
200 goats are kept for eating grass
Google has kept about 200 goats for grazing in its head office. Google does not use the machine to cut grass in its head office, because its voice makes it difficult for employees to work.
Some other facts about Google
- Google Earth and Google Map app was started by Google in 2005.
- Google had its first tweet in Binary language i.e. as 0 and 1, this tweet meant “I am feeling lucky”.
- Every week more than 25000 people apply for jobs in Google.
- When Larry Page and Sergey Brin were building Google, a woman rented their garage to them. Later that woman was appointed as the CEO of YouTube.
- On August 16, 2013, Google’s website was down for 5 minutes. Due to which there was a decrease of about 40 per cent in the internet traffic of the whole world.
- When a Google employee dies, his life partner is paid half his salary for 10 years and his child is given $ 1000 per month until he turns 19.
- There is no criterion to get a job in Google, Google only tests the talent of the person. There are about 15 per cent employees in Google company who never went to college.
- Google monitors every information we search on the Internet, which you can see in Google My Activity.
- Google map is so powerful that with the help of it you can see the ships and creatures inside the sea.
- All the blogs and websites in the whole world get the most traffic from Google.
- Google has so far tied up to 1.75 billion copyrighted websites.
- If ever someone searches “I want to Commit Suicide” on Google, first of all, you will be shown the helpline numbers of your country.
- If you search for “google mirror” in google, then you will get to see everything in reverse, i.e. the whole page will behave like a mirror.